…well nearly. Two days left.
As the end of my first semester at UMass approaches I’ve started to think about the ups and downs that I’ve experienced here in America over the past 4 months or so.
Here’s what I have so far, some are super recent –
- There’s been homesickness and the reappearance of anxiety issues due to being in such a different environment.
- I’ve made so many new friends
- I’ve improved greatly on my horns
- I’ve definitely grown up more since being here
- I have a double bed. Nuff said.
- I saw Halsey live in Boston, something that I’ve been waiting for for about 2 years..
- I’ve been to Disney (see this post)
- I’ve experienced an American Halloween and a Thanksgiving
- I’ve become physically fitter (post on that to come soon)
- Today we played Sleigh Ride in Symphony Band rehearsal
Even over the next few days I have things to look forward to and think about –
- In about 2 hours, I’ll be playing a concert
- Tomorrow I need to present my jazz transcription (please send good vibes for that one, I want to crawl in a hole at the thought of it right now..)
- I’m seeing my friends perform in their jazz concert tomorrow evening
- The Saxophone Studio is having a party on Sunday
- Monday isn’t so great – theory exams, technical exams and a paper deadline, but then on Tuesday I fly home.
Basically, this post is meant to be one of those “oh my goodness, I can’t believe it” posts. I’m grateful for all of these new experiences, even though sometimes I don’t particularly feel it..Let’s see what next semester brings..