I’m easily the most horrendous person to feed. I’m allergic to gluten and I lead a plant-based diet. When people hear that I’m coming over they ask “is salad ok?”. I mean, I can’t moan: at least I get food. So when, as part of the 7 day blogging challenge, I was asked to create some kind of tutorial, I thought I’d share a recipe I’ve been loving lately – a vegan, gluten-free chocolate mug cake.
This is literally the most simple thing you could ever make and is perfect as a snack, a desert (or actual dinner in my case. Whoops). Here’s what you’ll need.
- 4 tablespoons flour (I use coconut flour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons oil
- 4-6 teaspoons milk (I use soy. If I feel the mix is too dry, I’ll add closer to 6 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons applesauce (or oil – I flit between the two depending on what my stocks of both are looking like).
- However many chocolate chips you’d like (I use the Trader Joe’s vegan ones)
So, well, it’s pretty simple really. Mix it all together really well in a microwavable mug, pop it in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes (depending on the texture you want), let it cool for a few minutes (I’ve fallen victim to a burnt tongue more than once) and enjoy.
Let me know if you try this mug cake! If you’re new and liked this post, firstly hello! how are you?. If you really liked this post, why not check out my other posts (using the tabs at the top of the page) and hit the follow button for more?