I was definitely feeling the love when I saw that the lovely ciarralorren had nominated me for the Liebster (lol, my Mac keeps trying to autocorrect it to Lobster…) Award. Be sure to check out her blog and post here. What a woman – thank you! The rules for the award look a little something like this..:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave to you
- Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who deserve the award
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
- Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer
1. What’s the story behind your blog? More than anything, I wanted somewhere to document my travels – I moved from the UK to the USA about 18 months ago, and don’t intend to move back anytime soon. It soon became more; encompassing lifestyle, fashion, beauty and more – almost creating a filler between my travels. Now I just blog about almost anything and everything that interests me.
2. What is your ultimate goal in life? Ok, so the big professional goal is to be a professor of musicology. I’m getting there slowly but surely. However, more generally, I’d say my main and ultimate goal in life is to be happy. Cheesy, I know. But so important.
3. What’s your favorite thing to do on a day off? Let’s get real; stay in my PJs, in bed, Netflix on. Done.
4. Would you rather live where it’s hot year round or always cold? Um, my heart say hot all year, but my head says cold. I could at least layer up when it’s cold… I think my heart will win this one, though. Mainly because I hate the cold.
5. What was your childhood dream? I think I was quite humble with my childhood dreams; I’m fairly certain that from about the age of 6, I wanted to be a music teacher.
6. Harry Potter or Hunger Games? *cue unfollows* neither. Sorry. Don’t hate me. Sorry again.
7. What’s your favorite dessert? Oh my goodness, literally anything. I used to love lemon meringue pie (before the gluten allergy and plant-based lifestyle took hold), but I still love anything lemon flavored to be honest..
8. What’s your favorite thing about yourself? Be honest, be loving. You know, after my friend Amanda told me I had “the most mesmerizing eyes” she’d ever seen, I think I’m going to say my eyes.
9. What do you see yourself doing in five years? Well, if it all goes according to plan, I hope to be coming towards the end of my PhD, prepping for a career as a professor. Aside from that, I’m not really too sure!
10. How often do you eat pizza? Not as much as I would like, to be honest! I’m painfully allergic to gluten, which makes buying, or just eating, pizza quite an expensive and difficult task..
11. If you could travel to one country in the world, where would you go? (Yes I stole the question, but I’m very curious!) Honestly, this is the one that I’ve spent the most time thinking about. I’ve got so many places that I want to go to – I have the travel bug! Can I pick a continent..? Or like, a place from each continent? Because I’m struggling! Thailand’s a huge one on my list, as is Australia and the Bahamas (especially for the swimming pigs..). I’m hoping that I’ll be able to tick of Norway at some point over the next few years and a decent chunk of Eastern Europe, too. That’s as good as you’re getting – sorry!
- Did you set any New Year’s Resolutions? How are they going..?
- Why did you start your blog? Are you happy with the direction it’s going in?
- What’s your favorite song at the moment?
- Where’s your favorite place that you’ve ever travelled to?
- What’s on your “my list” on Netflix..?
- What’s your opinion on tea (as a Brit, this is vital..)?
- Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, or Pinterest?
- Who are you dream dinner party guests (dead or alive)?
- What was the last item that you splurged on..?
- You’re on a desert island. You can only bring 3 things with you. What are you taking?
- Where do you most want to visit in the world (I hope your answer’s a little more coherent than mine!)?
If you’re new and liked this post, firstly hello! how are you?. If you really liked this post, why not check out my other posts (using the tabs at the top of the page) and hit the follow button for more?