I’ve had a flurry of new followers over the past week or so (thank you, hello, welcome!), so I thought I’d let you into a few tidbits about me. Everything from favorite foods, cities, and sports.
- In true British fashion, I simply cannot function without a mug of tea in the morning. Just in case you wanted to know, I take mine strong, with a splash of unsweetened soy milk, and one teaspoon of sugar. May God help you if you run into me before I’ve had my tea in the morning.
- That being said, I’m much more of an early bird than a night owl. The house that I’ve moved into is all one level, so I can no longer sleep with my blinds open which is making moving in the morning all the more difficult! If anyone has any tips, they’d be greatly appreciated!
- I LOVE CARBS. In fairness to myself, my diet means that the majority of what I eat has to be carbs, but they’re just so so good. If I had to name my top three carbs, it’d be potato (white & sweet because they’re both equally as good), pasta (gluten-free duh – Trader Joe’s do some real good GF pastas), and rice (I usually make coconut rice to go with curries – you cannot go wrong!). CARBS FOR LIFE.
- I hate cheese. People are always so shocked when they discover my diet. Usually a lot of “what do you eat?” questions are asked, but the second most common is “don’t you miss cheese?”. Short answer: no. I never liked it even before I gave it up. I don’t know why, but it was never something that appealed to me.
- I have a fear of the dentist. I mean, a full blown fear. Tears, shaking, sweating, the lot. My mum still comes in with me (I’m 23) despite the fact that my dentist is the loveliest guy on the planet and I’ve been seeing him for like 20 years.
- I’m a cricket girl at heart. I love it. Like, so much. I’m ready to track this year’s Ashes tournament like nobody’s business.
- I’m also a huge fan of rugby. For me, the Six Nations is a sporting highlight of the year. Me and my Welsh friend don’t talk to each other for the duration of it, or else it gets ugly.
- I think my favorite city in the world is Paris. I have such vivid memories of the place from the first time I went (I was 12, so 11 years ago). Everything about it makes me happy, no matter the season.
- I can’t sleep without white noise/rain sounds. This is a recent development over the past year or so, but sleeping in silence, or waking up in silence really freaks me out. I have a couple of rain apps on my tablet which I use every night to help me drift off.
- I check my horoscope daily. I’m that person.
What should I know about you? Be sure to let me know in the comments below! If you’re new, be sure to subscribe to stay up to date with my ramblings. Love, peace, and good things to you all.